Dantes Plads 7
DK-1556 Copenhagen V.
Vilhelm Dahlerup (1897),
Hack Kampmann (1906) &
Henning Larsen (1996).
1897 - expanded in 1906 and 1996
The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek was founded by Carl Jacobsen of the Ny Carlsberg Brewery, who donated his personal art collections to the public in the late 1800s. The Danish State and the City of Copenhagen financed the construction of the museum, which was designed by architects Vilhelm Dahlerup and Hack Kampmann.
The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek was completed in 1906 and has become a museum of international stature. It houses more than 10,000 works of art in two principal collections – one comprising ancient art from the Mediterranean cradle of Western culture, and the other Danish and French art from the 19th and 20th centuries.