Valby Langgade 1
Vilhelm Dahlerup/Hack Kampmann
In 1882 Carl Jacobsen opened The New Carlsberg Glyptotek in connection to his own house, containing his collection of fine arts, to the public. .
Carl called the collection "Glyptotek" to signify that it was not a museum, where the antique figures should be regarded from an historical viewpoint, but rather a place where they should live in their own beauty.
The collections quickly grew and by 1895 a total of 19 rooms had been constructed for the museum. Vilhelm Dahlerup built the first 14 rooms up to 1893, while the later additions were built by Hack Kampmann, who also rebuilt the original winter garden. The collection moved to the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek in two stages - the modern collection in 1896 and the antique collection in 1906.
Today the museum is Business Centre, ther host coferences, dinners and events.